WORKING GIRL SEWING PLAN
Since I spend most of my "dressed up" time at the office, I thought work-appropriate clothes should be my sewing priority. It helps that most of these clothes transition well into my leisure time, too! I bought fabric for these patterns way back whenever so let's try and stick to that, shall we?
...My Projects for 2012 and beyond...
- Colette Beignet in grey wool gab
- Colette Ceylon in rayon twill
- Colette Macaron in red wool gab
- Colette Rooibos in black cotton with posies
- McCall's 3080 1970s wrap dress in jersey knit
- McCall's 5715 tailored winter coat in wool
- Self-drafted shirt in polka dot shirting
- Selfish Seamstress ruffle dress
- Sewaholic Minoru raincoat
- Sewaholic Pendrell blouse
- Simplicity 5554 1970s sleeveless dress
I plan to sew the 7 patterns I own from the Decades of Style Pattern Company. The 1930s-50s patterns were some of the first patterns I ever bought, and were picked up during a DoS trunk show in Los Angeles.
- 1910s Foxtrot Bag
- 1920s Tulip Kimono
- 1930s Butterfly Blouse
- 1940s Housedress
- 1940s Siren Sundress
- 1940s Empire Waist Trousers (modified)
- 1950s Collar Confection Blouse
COLETTE PATTERNS SPRING PALETTE CHALLENGE
Remember this one? I never finished this challenge, but I'm no quitter, hmph! Like The Tortoise and the Hare, I'll get this done eventually (you didn't know the Tortoise had an even slower younger sister, did you?). Let's do this!
- Colette Oolong in cotton lawn
- Colette Sencha in blue silk/cotton
- Decades of Style 1940s Empire Waist Trousers in wool crepe (modified)
- Decades of Style 1940s Siren Sundress in cotton lawn
- Sense and Sensibility Swing Dress (also from Casey's sew-along) in rayon